June 9-11, 2017
Davidow Theatre at Salem Community College
460 Hollywood Avenue
Carneys Point, NJ 08069
It is that time of year again! Your ASD staff and students are busy preparing for the 2016-2017 Recital. Updates will be posted here as we confirm everything, so please keep checking back. If you have any questions regarding the recital, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
June 5, 2017
- Act 1 Rehearsal at the studio from 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm (see below for drop-off/pickup information)
June 6, 2017
- Act 2 Rehearsal at the studio from 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm (see below for drop-off/pickup information)
June 7, 2017
- Act 1 and 2 Rehearsal at the studio from 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm (see below for drop-off/pickup information)
June 9, 2017
- Dress Rehearsal at Salem Community College, Davidow Theater at 5:30 pm
June 10, 2017
- Matinee Solo/Duo/Trio Show at 2:00 pm. Dancers should arrive by 1:00m
- Dancers should arrive at 1:00 pm.
- The show will run approximately 1 hour. We are having this showcase separately from our recital to shorten the amount of time of the recital. Please come out and show support to our dancers!
- Cost is $3 per ticket!
- Evening Recital Show at 6:00 pm
- Doors will open to the public at 5:30 pm.
- Dancers should arrive by 5:00 pm. Please come dressed in your costume with make up and hair done.
June 11, 2017
- Matinee Recital Show at 1:00 pm
- Doors will open to the public at 12:30 pm.
- Dancers should arrive by 12:00 pm. Please come dressed in your costume with make up and hair done.
Note: All dancers are expected to perform in BOTH recital shows (June 10th and 11th)
Recital Week Notes
- To help reduce parking lot congestion, please follow the staggered drop off/pick up times for rehearsals at the studio:
- Team members, Dance 3 – 4:45 pm – 5:00 pm
- Dance 1 , Dance 2, Musical Theater – 5:10 pm – 5:20 pm
- Predance, Tap/Acro/Hip Hop – 5:20 pm (Note: Pre-dancers will be dismissed at 6:30 pm)
- ALL dancers must be checked in at dress rehearsal, and prior to recital performances! You will check in your dancer, drop off their costumes, water bottle and snack (that is not messy! i.e. popcorn, pretzels, goldfish, etc). Dancers will be dismissed after rehearsal/performances from the same location they are dropped off at. After dropping off your dancer, you will not be permitted in the backstage/dressing room areas, unless you are a designated helper with wrist band.
- TOTS will be dismissed immediately following their performances
- PRE-DANCERS will be dismissed after ACT I (unless they are in Pre-K Acro, which will be dismissed following the Acro production in the beginning of ACT II)
- All balances including June’s tuition payment must be paid in full by Monday, June 5, 2017. Recital tickets will NOT be available to purchase if your balances are not paid in full (including June tuition)! Classes will run through the end June, therefore, June is a full month’s tuition.
- If all balances are not paid in full, your child will NOT participate in the show.
- Please make sure all memo exactly what the payment is for.
Recital tickets will be sold in the studio from 5:30 pm-7:30 pm on:
- Tuesday, 5/30/17
- Wednesdasy, 5/31/17
- Thursday, 6/1/17
TICKET PRICE: $15 during these times, or $20 at the door!
**TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS** The theatre is smaller this year; limited number of seats. Recital tickets will NOT be available to purchase if your balances are not paid in full (including June tuition)!
Costumes are starting to arrive at the studio. Please make sure all costume balances are paid in full! Children with outstanding balances (costume or tuition) will not be permitted to perform in the show.
If you haven’t done so already, please make sure you sign up for tights and shoes in the lobby. If you do not sign up, you will be responsible to get items at dance store.
Payments for tights, shoes, and shorts can be included on one check payable to ASD.
Parents…We are asking for your help to make this a success! We have had a great turn out with these baskets in the past. If you know any businesses or individuals that would be interested in donating items or gift certificates, we would appreciate it.
Some ideas in the past were…. Beach theme, family game night, Movie night, Manicure Set, Wine Basket, Gift certificates, car wash etc…)
Please try to bring the baskets to the studio before June 2nd.
Recital Program Ads
We are currently taking submissions for our 2017 recital program.
Please design your ad exactly how you would like it to appear in the program book. Please share this with family, friends, and even local businesses (great way to advertise)! Photos submitted will be printed as black and while. There is a sample of last year’s program in the lobby. They came out really nice and are great keepsake for the girls. The prices are as follows:
- Patron Ads – $2.00 (25 words or less)
- ¼ page – $15.00,
- ½ page – $20.00,
- full page – $30.00.
Please visit http://www.allstardancenj.com/ads to submit your Patron or Sponsor Ads. Deadline for Submissions is May 23, 2017
Picture day is tentatively scheduled for June 14 and 15. Order forms will be in the lobby for pick up – Schedule to follow
There will be DVD order forms in the lobby. There will be NO Videotaping the night of the show or dress rehearsal. Your dancer will LOVE a DVD as a reminder of their time spent dancing with friends.
There will be a form in the lobby shortly from Garden of Eden for pre-orders. We also have the florist come to the show, so you can purchase flowers that day as well. Pre-ordering is nice, you don’t have to wait, you just pick it up the day of the show.
Open House/ Bring a Friend Week
The week of June 26th – 30th we will be holding our annual Bring a Friend Week! Dancers are encouraged to invite a friend to join them, for free, during the regularly scheduled class time! We will also be hosting an Open House during this week, so tell your friends who much you love dancing at ASD.